Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Uniquely Good Banana Bread

I've made tons of banana bread in my time, but this recipe is uniquely different.  Instead of smashing the bananas, I sliced them.  The interior almost looks like there is chocolate in this recipe, but i assure you there isn't and the taste is really good and moist.  I enjoyed a slice with a cup of tea--my new favorite Twinings "Lady Grey Tea."  It's light and has a hint of citrus.

We finally got some much needed rain and watching the birds and squirrels running around made for a relaxing morning.

Uniquely Good Banana Bread
Makes 2 loaves
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
4 bananas, sliced
1 T Vanilla extract
3 cups King Arthur all-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F-degrees.  Spray two loaf pans (9" x 5") with baking spray.

In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter.  Add the eggs, one at a time and stir to incorporate.  Add the vanilla and sliced bananas.
The slices should be about 1/4-inch.  I used a banana slicer, but you can use a paring knife.

Add the dry ingredients, then the sour cream and walnuts and stir until completely incorporated.  Divide batter between the two loaf pans.
Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes; until golden brown and a tester comes out cleanly from the center of the bread.  Remove pans from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Remove bread from the pans and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.

I used my Grandma Gladys' wedding china...almost 100 years old to relax and Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. My Giddy Aunt! A banana slicer! Whatever next? Still, if you have a lot to process and want even slices I guess it is a useful gadget {I have a drawer or two full of such things!}
    It's lovely to see your pretty china from Grandma Gladys still in use for such tasty treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm the gadget queen! Nice uniform sluces.

      Delete
  2. A friend used to do this only she used two smashed bananas and two chopped bananas. Whatever! Sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out so beautiful, Susan. I love that you used the sliced bananas in this...for sure a must try because we adore banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, yes...it is almost time for the banana bread....going to make this one. The last recipe I made, I added four bananas, which made a great difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical until I tasted the results!

      Delete
  5. Using your grandma's wedding China, made me sigh, Susan! It's such a dreamy, vintage pattern. I'm sure your banana bread smelled divine, and what a perfect teatime treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once and awhile, I like to use it and remember eating at her house. Love slicing the bananas rather than mashing them.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to try these newest recipes, but most recently my quilting friends and I really enjoyed your egg casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much and for stopping by, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum banana bread and Lady grey tea, too! two of my favorites.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete